Saturday, February 25, 2012

Whole Grain Crackers



These crackers are easier on the digestive system due to the nature of the soaked grains.

2 1/2 cups fresh ground flour (I used 1 cup Rye, 1 Cup unbleached white, and 1/2 cup hard winter wheat)
1 Cup plain yogurt (I used Grace Harbor Farms NON Homogenized, pasture fed)
1 Tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 TBS toasted sesame seeds
8 TBS butter, melted
white flour for dusting

Mix flour with yogurt and let sit 12-24 hours at room temperature.

Place soaked flour, salt, baking powder and 4 TBS butter in your vita mix dry blender or food processor. Process until well blended.
Add seeds and process until blended
Roll out to about 1/8" thick on a lightly floured surface
Cut into desired shape and place onto a buttered cookie sheet or dehydrator (my choice) tray and dry at 150*F until dry and crisp.
Store in an air tight container in the fridge.

Review:
This will take a little getting used to I'm not sure if it was the yogurt or if I used too much flour when I rolled them.. But they were .. different. I plan to keep working till I like them a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment