Thursday, December 1, 2011

Apple Cobbler

I was in a hurry to think of a dessert I could make for my parents as they came over for dinner tonight. I have to admit one of the best things about Vegan baking is that I almost always have EVERYTHING on hand to make just about anything in the cook books that I have. Today was no exception.








Preheat the oven to 375*

Peel and slice 4 medium apples (I used "Prince")
Toss in a bowl along with
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
2 TB Flour
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
dash of cloves

Then layer into a baking dish (really I mean, pour into a baking dish and spread 'em out)


**********************
In a separate bowl combine
1 1/3 cups Flour
3 TBS sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
5 TBS melted Earth Balance (or other non dairy butter)
1/2 cup soy milk (or other non dairy milk)

Thoroughly blend dry ingredients, then mix in wet to form a sticky dough.

Splat it on top of the apple filling and drizzle with a bit of non dairy milk and sugar (less than 1 TBS of each)
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Serve Warm






Yum YUM YuM!!

I fed it to me, my hubs, my hubs best friend, my mom, my step dad and my hubs "little brother" and we all thought it was SO GOOD!

Super easy (really it whipped up in as fast as you can measure the dry ingredients and prep the apples.)

I plan to try it again using different fillings.

No comments:

Post a Comment