Monday, October 10, 2011

Garlicky Greens Soup

I was terrified, but tempted by this dish. That much GREENS?
OH MY YES.

Might be my new favorite way to get lots of greeny goodness into my belly, along with Green Smoothies. *wink*

I large bunch greens chopped, I used fresh Swiss Chard from my in-laws garden
1/2 onion diced
1/2-1 whole head of garlic peeled and diced
1 VERY large yellow potato diced
4 cups broth , again I used Imagine No Chicken
salt
pepper
rice vinegar, about 1 Tbs
****************
IN a sauce pan or stock pot, saute onion and garlic with water or oil until onion is translucent.
Then add all renaming ingredients except salt, pepper and vinegar, and simmer about 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.


So fast, so good, would make a great accompaniment to other dishes, or as a main dish as I had

1 comment: