Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Creamy Butternut Squash Soup - Take one

Modeled after the recipe in "The Whole Life Nutrition" I mixed and matched and ended up with this
(excuse the photo's I packaged ALL of it up, to send wot work with my Husband and to take to lunch with my mom tomorrow.)

1 small Butternut squash (less than 2 lbs?) peeled, seeded and cubed
2 cups broth (I used Imagine NO Chicken)
1/2 white onion, chopped
3 smallish tomatoes (I used local heirloom)
3 cloves garlic, smushed and rough chopped
1 5 oz can coconut milk
1 tsp red pepper flake
3 sprigs or so cilantro

In a stock pot, lightly saute onion for a few minutes with just a tad olive oil. Then toss in red pepper flake and garlic and saute a minute or two more.
Toss in all other ingredients, bring to a simmer, cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
Remove from heat, stir in cilantro and then use either an immersion blender or blender and begin to puree as much as the soup as you want creamy.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment